- Depend on Jinja2 >= 2.4, not == 2.7.
- CONFIG CHANGE: Configuration is now via a complexity.yml file inside the project, instead of a complexity.json file.
- Support for an unexpanded_templates config option (#23).
- Support for non-HTML files in templates/ (or whatever you set templates_dir to be).
- USAGE CHANGE: At the command line, Complexity no longer takes an output_dir argument. It now assumes that your output_dir is www/ by default, but you can customize it in complexity.json.
- Support for configuration via complexity.json: you can specify any or all
of the following key/value pairs:
A couple of small but important renames. If you rely on either of the following defaults, you will need to rename them in your Complexity project.
- Directory parameter for .json files to be turned into context data has been renamed from json_dir to context_dir.
- Default context directory value json/ has been changed to context/.
Sometimes you want your .json files to be turned into context variables, and sometimes you don’t. This rename alleviates confusion when working with non-context .json files.
- Support for multi-level template directories. (Upgrade to at least 0.6 if you want to have folders within folders and beyond in templates/.)
- Skip non-HTML files in templates/ rather than raising NonHTMLFileException.
- Improved static site generation API - better parameters are used.
- Files in the root of assets/ (or the asset directory) now get copied over to the output.
- Much more documentation.
- Make reading of JSON files from json/ optional.
- Fix reading of JSON files from json/.
Project layout is now:
my_repo/ ├── project/ <--------- input │ ├── assets/ │ │ ├── css/ │ │ ├── js/ │ │ └── img/ │ ├── json/ │ │ └── stuff.json │ └── templates/ │ ├── base.html │ ├── index.html │ └── about.html └── www/ <---------- output (generated) ├── index.html ├── about/ │ └── index.html ├── css/ ├── js/ └── img/
Assets are copied over to www/ during site generation.
If the www/ directory was previously created, it prompts the user and then deletes it before site regeneration.
Templates starting with base are not generated as individual pages. They are meant to be extended in other templates.
- Graceful shutdown/restart of dev server.
- Required input and output dir arguments.
- Optional port argument.
- Improved server start/stop messages.
- Major internal refactor.
- Fixes to setup.py.
- Data from .json files now gets read as template context data.
- Tested (and passing!) on Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.3, PyPy.
- First release on PyPI.