A refreshingly simple static site generator, for those who like to work in HTML.
Try it out:
$ pip install complexity $ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:audreyr/complexity-example.git my_proj $ cd my_proj $ complexity project/ www/
Once you’ve done that, open a web browser to http://127.0.0.1:9090 to see the newly generated Complexity static site.
- Works on Python 2.6, 2.7, and 3.3, and on PyPy.
- Takes simple HTML templates as input.
- Data from .json files turns into template context data.
- Template inheritance, filters, etc. (Brought to you by Jinja2.)
- Auto-expands .html file URLs into cleaner URLs (e.g. about.html gets expanded to /about/)
- Minifies .html files
- Can optionally be used as a library instead of from the command line. See Using Complexity as a Library for details.
Best Used With¶
Complexity is designed to be used with these packages:
- Simplicity: Converts ReStructuredText into JSON, which Complexity can use as input.
- A Lot of Effort: Deploys a static website (e.g. the output of Complexity) to Amazon S3.
- Cookiecutter: Creates projects from project templates.
Sure, they could have all been built into Complexity, but decoupling them seemed like a nice thing to do.